Please take this park survey for the benefit of KC birding

  • Alison Sheehey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2009
      Hi Everyone,

      After months of procrastination, I finally took this survey on recreation
      opportunities in Kern County Parks. Lots of good questions about nature. I
      have noticed some awful pruning practices in Kern County Parks that has led
      to the destruction of habitat. Specifically at Scodie Park in Onyx (formerly
      best for many birds throughout the year).
      Parks of significance for birding are Buena Vista Aquatic Recreation area,
      Tehachapi Mountain Park, Greenhorn Mountain Park, Hart Park, Scodie Park,
      Isabella Reservoir and HW Noone Park. Many other parks could be developed
      for better birding if our constituency is represented. Although there are no
      specific questions that mention birding - lots mention nature and wildlife.

      If you have 5 minutes I would encourage you to fill out the survey. (They
      don't ask any identifying questions but you can only take the survey once
      per computer).

      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=RVBE2W0IvfXaKzf8HaFQ%2fw%3d%3d

      Thanks,

      Ali