Kern Valley Area FOS Reports

  • KRPFriends
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2002
      FOS in my messages indicates "First of Spring."

      Friday, March 22nd - FOS Western Kingbird off Kelso Valley Road 10 miles south
      of Hwy. 178 in Weldon. Murrelet Halterman.

      Saturday, March 23rd - FOS Rufous Hummingbird off Kelso Valley Road 10 miles
      south of Hwy. 178 in Weldon. Murrelet Halterman.

      Wednesday, March 27th - FOS Common Yellowthroat at the Mill pond of the Kern
      River Preserve. Terri Gallion.

      Wednesday, March 27th - FOS Western Kingbird just west of Kern River Preserve
      Headquarters. Terri Gallion.

      Plus reported earlier today, March 27th...
      Joe & Lois Hart's three Western Kingbirds (two in Mountain Mesa, one at
      Paradise Cove).

      My Empidonax flycatcher and House Wren west of KRP Headquarters.

      Add in Mike McQuerrey's "Western" Flycatcher, Cassin's Vireo, Warbling Vireo,
      Black-throated Gray Warbler, and Scott's Oriole reports from Butterbredt
      Spring
      today and March 27th becomes a widespread western migrant day in Kern.

      Best,

      Bob Barnes, Outreach Director
      Audubon-California's Kern River Preserve
      P.O. Box 953, Weldon, CA 93283
      FedEx/UPS: 18747 Hwy. 178, Weldon, CA 93283
      E-mail: krpfriends@...
      Phone: (760) 378-3044
      Web Sites:
      http://www.kernriverpreserve.org