Eastern Kern

  • asekoonce
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2008
      Andrew Howe, Stan Gray, and I spent a very hot half-day in eastern
      Kern this morning. Birds were scarce. Highlights at Galileo included
      a (continuing?) adult male AMERICAN REDSTART (re)found by Andrew neat
      the archery range, and a freshly-plumaged RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH near
      the bungalos. Cal City was practically birdless, although the TUNDRA
      SWAN and two ROSS'S GEESE continue to enjoy the comeraderie of the
      resident goose flock.

      Sandy

      Sandy Koonce
      Department of Mathematics
      University of Redlands, Redlands, CA 92373
      sandy_koonce@...