Baird's, Bakersfield WWTP

  • Michael McQuerrey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2008
      Birders: A brief stop at the Bakersfield Waste Water Treatment Plant,
      this morning, with Gary File, revealed at least three BAIRD'S SANPIPERS
      and 2 SEMI-PALMATED PLOVERS. We didn't have time to do the big ponds
      justice, but large numbers of WILSON'S and RED-NECKED PHALAROPES were
      present. The ponds are located at the south end of Mt. Vernon Ave.,
      about a mile and a half south of Highway 58. We are being asked to
      check in at the office and sign in. That's a new policy. The staff
      continues to be very receptive to birders.