Flammulated Owls

  • Michael McQuerrey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2008
      Birders: New friends Bob and Chita McKinney, flew from Rochester, New
      York, to revel in our western owls. Bob's ABA-area life list was at
      699 birds, when we began the night on Breckenridge Mountain. He needed
      Spotted, Pygmy, and Flammulated Owls. We managed a 2/3 success rate.
      We found 8 FLAMMULATED OWLS and 3 NORTHERN PYGMY-OWLS, but did not find
      Sptted Owls. Bird number 700 was the Flam. Number 701 was the Pygmy.