Birding Galileo Hill 6/27/08

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2008
      Today, Friday, 6/27/08, we birded Galileo Hill (Silver Saddle
      Resort)on the eastern Kern desert. We saw two juvenile Red Crossbills
      bathing in a small puddle near the bungalows, one probable Pacific-
      slope Flycatcher(maybe the same one seen on 6/25/08). It did not call.

      We saw one male Black-headed Grosbeak on the soccer field and one
      White-throated Swift flying over the large lake. The Common Moorhen is
      still present at the pond north of the stables.