Probable Pacific-slope Flycatcher (FOS) in Hart Park 3/31/08

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2008
      Today,Monday,3/31/08, we saw a probable Pacific-slope Flycatcher
      (FOS)at Hart Park in Bakersfield. It did not call. It was located in
      the trees just west of the snack bar. A small stream of water runs
      through this area.
      This empid had an oval eye ring that had a "tear drop" at the end
      of it, the lower mandible was entirely orange. The bill was wide at the
      base. The tail was rather long but the primary projection was about
      medium length. It would flip the tail up, but did not really dip it
      down.