gull weekend survey in San Joaquin Valley; feb 16-17

  • JOHN STERLING
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2008
      Howdy Birders,

      I am organizing a full weekend gull survey in the San Joaquin Valley from
      San Luis Reservoir south to Buena Vista Lake on February 16-17th. The goal
      is to get a fairly good count of all species of gulls at the major roosts
      (dumps, reservoirs, sewage ponds) and to document any and all rare species
      such as Thayer's, Glaucous-winged, Western, Glaucous, Mew and others..
      We'll need to have plenty of gull experts in the field to pull this off, and
      plenty of photographers as well to document the rare species. This event
      will be open to non-experts as well as they can help with counting the
      birds.

      Please let me know asap if you are willing and able to help out so that I
      can plan it well. This should be a fun and rewarding event with results
      published in the CVBC Bulletin! If it works out well, perhaps we can do a
      similar survey in the Sacramento region.

      John

      John Sterling

      VVVVVVVVVV

      26 Palm Ave