Empidonax sp. at Truxtun Lake in Bakersfield 12/31/07

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
      Yesterday, Monday, 12/31/07, we saw an Empidonax sp. at Truxtun
      Lake in Bakersfield at 2:40PM. Ken took photos of this bird, and we
      have placed four photos of this bird into the kerncobirding photo
      section in the Miscellaneous Album.

      While we were observing this bird, we could see that the lower
      mandible was completely orange. This bird went to the ground one time
      to feed. It was very active and frequently flicked its wings. It did
      not call.

      Happy New Year,
    • yakimapark@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
        Is it an OK question to ask those of you who are taking bird pics- what
        kinds of cameras are you using? Even with a telephoto, my birds turn out to be
        "dots"! or- on the digital cameras- have moved- and either are gone or make
        things blurry by the time the shutter clicks. Just curious. Thanks- marcia

        In a message dated 1/1/2008 12:12:35 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        kbgoldennugget2@... writes:

        Yesterday, Monday, 12/31/07, we saw an Empidonax sp. at Truxtun
        Lake in Bakersfield at 2:40PM. Ken took photos of this bird, and we
        have placed four photos of this bird into the kerncobirding photo
        section in the Miscellaneous Album.

        While we were observing this bird, we could see that the lower
        mandible was completely orange. This bird went to the ground one time
        to feed. It was very active and frequently flicked its wings. It did
        not call.

        Happy New Year,

        Marcia H. Wolfe

        MH Wolfe and Associates