Red-necked Grebe is still present at Buena Vista Lake 12/26/07

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2007
      Today, Wednesday, 12/26/07 at 1:15PM, we saw the Red-necked
      Grebe on Buena Vista Lake in Kern County that was found and reported
      by Steve Glover on kerncobirding on 12/25/07.

      If you wish to see this Red-necked Grebe, you need to stop at
      the pay station at Buena Vista Lake($6.00/per car) and then proceed
      1.7 miles west on the main entrance road to parking Lot 3. Next, park
      near the restroom and walk a few yards to the lake. This is where we
      saw the grebe on the lake. The grebe was feeding near the shoreline
      and continued feeding in a westerly direction. It was still feeding
      at the west end of the lake at parking Lot 3 when we left.

      In approximately 30 minutes Ken is going to place a few photos
      he took of this Red-necked Grebe into the kerncobirding photo section
      in the Miscellaneous Album.

      We want to thank Steve Glover for posting the sighting of the
      Red-necked Grebe and its photo on kerncobirding.