Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Northern Flicker(yellow-shafted) 11/29/07

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2007
      Yesterday, Thursday, 11/29/07, we again saw the Yellow-bellied
      Sapsucker on the telephone pole two blocks south of Bakersfield Junior
      College. It is roosting there at night and leaving about 7:00AM.
      A Photo of this bird is in the kercobirding photo section in the
      Miscellaneous Album. Today, 11/30/07, it was on the telephone pole at
      6:45AM.At night it stays on the second crossbar up against the pole.

      Yesterday, we relocated the Northern Flicker "yellow-shafted" at
      the east end of Hart Park in Bakersfield. It was in a tree near the
      water trough. Two photos of this bird have been placed into the
      kerncobirding photo section in the Miscellaneous Album.

      The juvenile Greater White-fronted Goose was seen again this
      morning at Hart Park. It is feeding with a group of Canada Geese. It
      was north of the snackbar this morning, but this group moves all around
      the park.