Saturday June 2

  • Thomas Wurster
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2 10:17 PM
      Butterbredt Spring was cool and calm, but there was very little
      movement. A Magnolia Warbler and male Rose-breasted Grosbeak were the
      highlights for the early AM birders.

      Galileo was windy by 9:30, making birding very difficult. Apparently
      most of the birds reported earlier in the week had departed, or were
      just unfindable given the wind. An American Bittern and one American
      Redstart (Kelly Levinson) continued.

      Tom Wurster
    • Steve Sosensky
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2 11:10 PM
        --- In kerncobirding@y..., Thomas Wurster <wurster@e...> wrote:
        > Galileo was windy by 9:30, making birding very difficult. Apparently
        > most of the birds reported earlier in the week had departed, or were
        > just unfindable given the wind. An American Bittern and one
        American
        > Redstart (Kelly Levinson) continued.

        At Galileo, Jim Abernathy and I saw and heard a singing Blue-headed
        Vireo in the golf course area, which disappeared around 8:15 AM and
        was not refound.