Western Meadowlark

  • Barb Walls
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2007
      I have a Western Meadowlark visiting my feeder/yard (across from Upjohn Park). It's been around since October 18th.

      I still have Costa's, Anna's, and black chinned hummers. I didn't see a Rufous this weekend.
      The Cooper's Hawk swooped down and helped itself to the finch/sparrow buffet at the feeder. It was dramatic...I was in the yard planting bulbs, and I looked over to catch him swooping down into the backyard --it was a chaotic cacophany of finches, sparrows, and mourning doves caught in a crazy panic.

      I had no idea having bird feeders would provide this kind of drama.

      Barb Walls