Re: [kerncobirding] White-Tailed KITE

  • Barb Walls
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2007
      Sorry for the confusion.....after grading essays for five hours my brain goes comatose. White Tailed Kite. I was thinking about the Cooper's Hawk that is helping itself to the birds at my feeder....
      Barb

      Barb Walls <_jestergirl@...> wrote:
      An interesting weekend in Ridgecrest: Yesterday the Cooper's Hawk sat on my fence. My husband spotted him, but I couldn't find the camera. This morning there was a White-Tailed Hawk in my pine. That's a new one for me. Of course, I've seen Turkey Vultures soaring.
      The Lesser Finches have disappeared from the feeder, but I have an array of others. This evening a Yellow-Rumped Warbler had no fear of me. He wanted the water from the fountain by the door. One of a dozen hummingbirds antagonized him. This evening there were Annas, Black-Chins, Costas and Rufous at the feeders.
      Friday at Burroughs High School, I saw five Yellow-Headed Blackbirds in a flock of blackbirds.

      Barb Walls in Ridgecrest, across from Upjohn Park