Great Egret in Ridgecrest

  • Barb Walls
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2007
      I had the wonderful chance to observe a great egret taking a break during the heat of the day at the top of a very tall tree in my neighbor's yard . This is situated across from Upjohn Park on Jacob's Court in Ridgecrest.
      Ten days ago a Cooper's Hawk was on my fence with a sparrow being squeezed in its talons. He was around for a few days creating much drama around my bird feeders.

      Barb Walls

      wflydecker <wflydecker@...> wrote:
      California Audubon and the Point Reyes Bird Observatory are doing a
      survey of long-billed curlews from Sept. 13 to 16 and need volunteers
      to do 1/2 day surveys. I have 4 or 5 routes in Kern County to be
      assigned. If you are able to help, please call me at (661) 900-8595
      about getting the information to you to do a survey. Thank you,

      Bill Lydecker