Semi-palmated Plovers

  • Michael McQuerrey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      Birders: Three SEMI-PALMATED PLOVERS were my first for the Bakersfield
      Waste Water Treatment Plant, south of Bakersfield. An AMERICAN WHITE
      PELICAN was a first for fall at the site. After so many dowitchers
      being present last week, only 6 were present, this morning. Over 800
      phalaropes were present, with about 2/3 apparently WILSON'S and 1/3 RED-
      NECKED. Peep numbers were way down, but that seems to change daily, if
      not hourly.