Mountain Plovers

  • carlagary
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2002
      Around 12:00 today,i found 3 Mountain Plovers 7miles up Breckenridge
      Rd. off of Comanache Rd. They were very close to the side of the road
      and stayed there for several minutes.
      Good Birding,
      Gary File
    • TEdell@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2010
        Maggie Smith and I saw 23 MOUNTAIN PLOVERS today in western Kern County.
        These birds continued along Bitterwater Valley Road about one and one-half
        mile from Hwy 46. The plovers were 200-300 yards east of the road in a
        greening grassland. The GPS coordinates for the location are 35.60306,
        -119.93830.

        Tom Edell
        Cayucos, CA