White-throated Sparrow

  • Michael McQuerrey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2007
      Birders: There was a white-striped, WHITE-THROATED SPARROW at the
      group picnic area west of Lake Ming, northeast of Bakersfield, this
      morning. Most days, the ground-feeders don't start to drop until the
      sun warms the area - after 9:00. The flock at this location was about
      150 birds, mostly WHITE-CROWNED and LARK. There was one LINCOLN'S
      among them. The feeding areas were mostly on all sides of the picnic
      tables, with most between the picnic tables and the golf course fence.
    • Michael McQuerrey
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2007
        Birders: I found the WHITE-THROATED SPARROW, again this morning. It
        was feeding with a sizable flock of White-crowns directly uphill from
        the picnic tables in the group picnic area east of Lake Ming, northeast
        of Bakersfield.
      • bewickwren
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2009
          Kern County Birders,

          Madeline Bauer left a message for me asking me to post that she had a
          tan-stripe White-throated Sparrow at Scodie Park in Onyx. Seen at around
          1:30 PM, north side of swing set.

          John Green

          Riverside, CA