Kern River Valley CBC - owl show

  • Michael McQuerrey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2006
      Birders: Gary File and I worked the KRV CBC, 40 miles east of
      Bakersfield, today, beginning at a little after midnight in 23-degree
      temperatures to listen and look for owls. And it was a very good
      night: 15 GREAT HORNED OWLS, 1 SPOTTED OWL, 1 NORTHERN SAW-WHET OWL,
      and 1 NORTHERN PYGMY-OWL. The rest of the day was uneventful, except
      for a COMMON LOON at French Gulch Marina, on Lake Isabella. We ended
      up with only 36 species. But the owls were worth it.