Kern County (& some neighboring) CBCs

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006

      Go to: http://www.natureali.org/kerncbcs.htm for details on the ten
      active Christmas Bird Counts taking place wholly (7) or partly (3) in
      Kern County from Saturday, December 16th through Sunday, December
      31st. The nearby and excellent Springville CBC (145 count day species
      last year, plus 7 count week species) in Tulare County takes place on
      Saturday, December 16th. Inyo County's Bishop CBC also takes place on
      the 16th. Death Valley takes place on an unencumbered Friday,
      December 22nd. I plan to participate on the six CBCs located closest
      to my Ridgecrest home. I am sure kerncobirding subscribers would be
      more than welcomed to participate on any Kern County CBC that fits
      your schedule and does not conflict with your other commitments, CBCs
      or otherwise. Following are the basics - day/date and CBC name. For
      contact details go to Alison Sheehey's web page listed above.

      Sa, 16 Dec 06
      Bishop
      Butterbredt Spring
      Lancaster