Kern Valley sightings - 25 Nov 06

  • Ali Sheehey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2006
      Hi all

      Today, John Schmitt reported about 20 Varied Thrush in a private yard in
      Wofford Heights and heard several in Tillie Creek Campground.

      I had a male Myrtle Warbler in my yard on the Kern River Preserve this
      afternoon. There was a really nice Prairie Falcon on Fay Ranch Road and a
      smallish Buteo with an unbanded breast on a power line on Hwy 178 by Paul's
      Place. It could have just been a young Red-tail but the jizz didn't seem
      right. Keep you eyes peeled.

      Also, several Ferruginous Hawks have been working the fields in front of my
      residence.

      Ali

      Alison Sheehey
      Weldon, CA