Wildland fire and birds

  • bobcatbird
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      I was recently in Kern County for two weeks with a 20-person wildland
      fire crew and during slow periods on the fires I was able to do a
      little birding. I think I found 50 species including possibly 13
      lifers. Since I didn't have as much time to look at some of these
      birds or to follow them due to other more pressing matters I have a
      few questions about what I might have seen. I'd appreciate the chance
      to email or to talk with someone who is more familiar with the birds
      of your area. Specifically I was on the Cottonwood Fire which was up
      Kelso Valley Road and on the Bodfish Fire in Lake Isabella.

      If anyone is willing to help me figure out what I saw please send my
      your email, or phone number and when would be a good time to call. Or
      if you prefer to call me my number is 828-265-2827.

      Thanks for any help.

      Bob Cherry
      Boone, NC