Common Ground Doves

  • carlagary
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2006
      This morning I had 6 Common Ground-Doves and 2 male Lazuli Buntings
      along the edge of the orange grove on the road leading to Wind Wolves
      Preserve. The orange grove starts at the intersection of Hwy166 and the
      entrance road leading to the preserve and runs half-mile up the road,if
      you look for Common Ground-Doves past this orange grove you will not
      find any.
      Good Birding
      Gary File
      Bakersfield,Ca.
    • Thomas Miko
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2006
        This is interesting: the most reliable way to find Common Ground Doves in Indio (Riverside County) is to hang out in orange groves.
        Tom

        >From: carlagary <carlagary@...>
        >Date: Sat Apr 15 13:38:21 CDT 2006
        >To: kerncobirding@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [kerncobirding] Common Ground Doves

        >This morning I had 6 Common Ground-Doves and 2 male Lazuli Buntings
        >along the edge of the orange grove on the road leading to Wind Wolves
        >Preserve. The orange grove starts at the intersection of Hwy166 and the
        >entrance road leading to the preserve and runs half-mile up the road,if
        >you look for Common Ground-Doves past this orange grove you will not
        >find any.
        >Good Birding
        >Gary File
        >Bakersfield,Ca.

        >kerncobirding@yahoogroups.com
        >
        >Message archives and files can be found at:
        >

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >  Visit your group "<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kerncobirding">kerncobirding</a>" on the web.
        >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        Thomas Miko (Mikó Tamás)

        thomas.miko@...
        thomas_miko@...

        653 S. Indian Hill Blvd., #C
        Claremont, CA 91711
        U.S.A.
        34.109167 N, 117.718293 W

        home: (909) 445-1456
        cell: (626) 390-1935

        FRS radio channel 11 code 22

        http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/birdsofhungary
        "I think it likely that one of these statements is a mistake, and the other is a lie." -Mark Twain 1880