Red-breasted Sapsucker, 2 Gray Flycatchers plus more at Galileo Hill 3/1/06

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Today, Wednesday, 3/1/06, at Galileo Hill we saw a Red-breasted
      Sapsucker in the bungalow area.
      We also saw two Gray Flycatchers at the archery range. Both of the Gray
      Flycatchers frequently dipped their tails down slowly. We also observed them
      fighting in midair.
      On tree trunks at the south and southwest end of the petting zoo, we saw
      a Brown Creeper.
      We saw two Lincoln Sparrows in the reeds near the petting zoo and one
      Lincoln Sparrow near the waterfall area. A Vermilion Flycatcher was seen in trees
      just east of the main parking lot.
      DSLR photos were taken of all the birds listed above. Later this evening,
      some of these photos will be placed into the kerncobirding photo section in
      the Miscellaneous album.