KNWR & return

  • kernbirder
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      Hi All

      I checked out the Kern National Wildlife Refuge today, (Friday) and my best bird was an Eared Grebe, but the high point of the trip was my return route. On Famoso-Woody Road just East of Hwy 65 there was a mature Bald Eagle and close by was a Sage Thrasher. On Tule Road was another mature Bald Eagle and on Bakersfield-Glennville Road was a juvenile Golden Eagle just before you get to Granite Road.

      Nice day,

      Gordon Black