Indian Wells Valley 2006 Cooperative Big Year

  • Bob and Susan Steele
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2006
      Greetings Birders,

      Come one, come all and join in the Indian Wells Valley cooperative big year
      for 2006. What is involved? The first time you notice a bird species in
      the Indian Wells Valley (Ridgecrest area), let me know what, where, and
      when - and I'll combine our efforts into a single list. If you'd like to do
      an individual Indian Wells Valley big year list too, great, keep track of
      those species and dates as well. Maybe, you'd like to participate, but only
      plan to bird your yard. That works too.

      So, get your data to me at --- steele7 at verizon.net --- or (760) 377-5220.

      For the purposes of this event the Indian Wells Valley will be defined as
      Cow Heaven Canyon to Nine Mile Canyon in the Sierras, the north portion of
      the El Pasos (Sheep Spring), B Mt up to Mt Springs Canyon on the east side,
      and of course all the valley in between.

      How many species do you think we'll get? Let me know that as well by Feb 28
      and at the end of the year we'll announce who came the closest. For a
      benchmark, in 2004 there were 276 species.

      Here's the list as of Jan 2 - if you have something to add, please let me
      know.

      Susan

      1. American Goldfinch

      2. American Kestrel