Winter Wren, Empid at Kern River Preserve

  • eremico
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2005
      During the winter bird banding project at Mill Pond on the Kern River
      Preserve, we captured and banded a Winter Wren on Dec. 14. At the
      same site on Dec. 15, we had an Empidonax in a net, but it escaped
      before we could identify and band it. Other species captured over the
      2 day period included Marsh Wren (2), Ruby-crowned Kinglet (5),
      Bushtit (1), Oak Titmouse (1), Bewick's Wren (8), Song Sparrow (4),
      Black Phoebe (1), Audubon Warbler (2), House Finch (1), Hermit Thrush
      (3), Western Bluebird (5), Downy Woodpecker (2).

      Denise LaBerteaux
      Weldon