CV Big Year Final Report

  • Jim Gain
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      First of all, sorry about the cross-posting.

      Well, barring any unforeseen additions, our big year netted 316 total
      species http://www.stanislausbirds.org/BY2004/cvby-species-seen.htm Ed
      Pandolfino came the closest with his guess of 315 species when the event
      began. I have two favors to ask of birders that are somewhat familiar with
      the birds of the Central Valley.

      1. Please go to an online survey and answer the two questions I have
      there. One asks you to select your top 10 picks for the rarest birds seen
      during the event and the other question asks you to pick the top 10 biggest
      misses during the event. There is a password to enter to complete the
      survey; the password is "birding" without the quotes.
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=826001468983

      2. For those folks that feel like taking a minute to add to a birding
      blog, I have created one about the big year. Feel free to add any comments
      about the event, species you observed, unusual experiences, etc.
      http://www.surfbirds.com/blog/jimgain/233/

      Thanks

      It was a lot of fun!

      Jim Gain

      Modesto

      P.S. The final participant totals will be announced at the CV Symposium. The
      250 level was reached.