American Redstart

  • Dennis McDonnell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2005
      Excuse the late posting due to computer problems.

      Kathy and I had an adult female American Redstart at Butterbredt Spring yesterday a.m. (Oct. 6) between the overlook and the spring.

      Also seen: Bewick's Wren, Cassin's Vireo, Orange-crowned Warbler, Pacific-slope Flycatcher, and Yellow-rumped Warblers. On the way to Weldon on SC123, we had a Black-throated Sparrow in with a flock of White-crowned Sparrows.

      Dennis & Kathy McDonnell

    • Callyn Yorke
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2012
        Birders,

        This morning at California City Central Park I had a female American Redstart in the trees next to the abandoned hotel (between the pond and the hotel).
        Also present near the top of the waterfall was a Yellow-breasted Chat.

        Details are posted on my website field notes:     http://avconline.avc.edu/cyorke/fieldnotes/galileohill.html

        cy

        Callyn D. Yorke, Ph.D.
        Dept. of Biological Sciences
        Antelope Valley College
        Lancaster, CA 93536

      • eremico
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013
          Female (1st spring) American Redstart seen off and on throughout day at private residence west of Inyokern.

          Susan Moore, Inyokern
          Denise LaBerteaux, Weldon