Fwd: KRV YB Cuckoo Update - 2 Aug 05

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005

      I forgot to mention in my 31 July 05 YB Cuckoo update that the trail from Hwy.
      178 at the KOA Kampground is dry going north to the fork and dry going east
      along the edge of the forest.

      Once the trail enters the Fremont cottonwood and red willow forest, it soon
      becomes damp, then progressively wetter. As far as I went, I had water only
      part way up my tennis/running shoes, enough to get the bottom of my socks wet.
      Farther along north towards the river, it look wetter.

      Waterproof shoes are recommended for walking around the outer portion of the
      width of the forest.

      Rubber boots may be desired to fully track down a cuckoo or two.

      Or, do as I do and wear appropriate tennis shoes, socks, and pants and
      welcome
      getting wet above your ankle/below your knees while pursuing YB Cuckoos and
      their associates on a warm to hot summer morning in the South Fork Wildlife
      Area.

      Happy & Productive Birding,

      Bob Barnes