Birding the eastern Kern Desert 6/29/05

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2005
      Today, Wednesday, 6/29/05, we saw the following birds on the eastern
      Kern Desert:(A) at the DWP in Jawbone Canyon we saw a male Hooded Oriole which
      Ken photographed from outside the gate. The DWP is private property, (B) in
      California City we saw two Great Horned Owls and the continuing Tundra Swan, (C)
      at Galileo Hill we saw Verdin, Black Phoebe, Yellow-headed Blackbird, and a
      Ladder-backed Woodpecker,
      (D) at Butterbredt Spring we saw several Ash-throated Flycatchers, California
      Towhee, Black Phoebes, and one Empidonax species.
      A photo of the male Hooded Oriole and the Great Horned Owls seen today
      have been placed into the kerncobirding photo section.