Butterbredt Northern Parula, Black-and-white

  • Michael McQuerrey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2005
      Birders: The challenge at Butterbredt Spring continues to be sifting
      through the WILSON'S WARBLERS to find a few TOWNSEND'S, YELLOW, AND
      MACGILLIVRAY'S. The only excitement this morning was a male NORTHERN
      PARULA I spotted and a BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER reported by Steve
      Sosensky. A PRAIRIE FALCON working it's way up the rigdetop was the
      first for me at Butterbredt. All five empidonax species were present,
      including GRAY, HAMMOND'S, PACIFIC SLOPE, DUSKY, and WILLOW
      FLYCATHCHERS. Willows seem most numerous. Surely the Memorial Day
      holiday at Butterbredt will finally live up to it's normal
      reputation. . .it's been pretty quiet, this spring