Birding Hart Park and west of Hart Park 4/20/05

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2005
      Today at 3:00 PM, 4/20/05, we saw an Osprey west of the main entrance to
      Hart Park in Bakersfield. It was seen flying over the Kern River, and a few
      minutes later it was observed flying with a fish in the talons.
      At 4:00 PM we saw one Western Tanager across from the shooting range in
      Hart Park. We suspect this the same Western Tanager seen yesterday in the same
      area. This afternoon we also saw one Red-breasted Nuthatch in this same area.
      A Caspian Tern was seen flying over the larger lake at Hart Park.