Greater Road Runner in Hart Park and Tri-colored Blackbird & Osprey at Lake Ming

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2005
      This morning, 4/5/05, Bakersfield's Tuesday Morning Birding Group,
      birded Lake Ming and Hart Park. An Osprey was seen near the boat launch area, and a
      male Tri-colored Blackbird was seen perched in a tree at the east end of Lake
      Ming. It was seen at the beginning of the trail that goes around the lake. As
      we walked around the lake we also saw a male Bullock's Oriole, an
      Orange-crowned Warbler, and a Golden-crowned Sparrow in breeding plumage. Canada Geese
      were also seen at the lake.
      While walking the trail below the east end of Hart Park, we saw a Greater
      Roadrunner in a tree at the east end of the Park. The Greater Roadrunner
      stayed in the tree about seven minutes, and we could hear and observe it calling.
      We will put a photo of this Greater Roadrunner in kerncobirding photo section
      this evening. We also saw a male Bullock's Oriole and a male American
      Goldfinch in breeding plumage at Hart Park.