Tundra Swan is still present in California City plus birding Galileo 2/26/05

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2005
      Today, 2/26/05, we saw the following birds in California City. The
      Tundra Swan was seen on the California City Golf Course. It was seen south of the
      main parking lot at California City Park. A Red-breasted Sapsucker was also
      seen south of the main parking lot in the trees near the lake. Also, we saw about
      15 Cedar Waxwings, a Red-breasted Nuthatch and six Balck-crowned Night Herons
      at California City Park.
      We saw the following birds today at Galileo. We saw a female Downy
      Woodpecker and an Orange-crowned Warbler in the trees just south of the main parking
      lot at Galileo. They were near the small stream. We also saw a Belted
      Kingfisher and a Great Egret. A female Vermilion Flycatcher was seen in the trees
      just east of the teepees.