Lake Isabella, Merlin

  • Michael McQuerrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6 2:30 PM
      Birders: On a morning more noted for what wasn't present than what
      was, a MERLIN was in the Tillie Creek Campground in Wofford Heights,
      along the northwest shore of Lake Isabella. What WASN'T present was
      a shrike - of any ilk. A MOUNTAIN CHICKADEE was an unusual find at
      Tillie Creek. PURPLE FINCHES were abundant and a TOWNSEND'S
      SOLITAIRE was nice to see, also at Tillie Creek.
    • Nature Ali
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6 8:53 PM
        Hi All

        I narrowly avoided making a pair of Chukar windshield ornaments. Second time
        I have seen these less than brilliant birds try to play fender tag.
        Both times they have been on Hwy 178 about half way between Walker Pass and
        Hwy 14. Might want to keep an eye out if you are in the area.

        Ali

        Alison Sheehey
        P.O. Box 153
        Weldon, CA
        93283
        Nature Alley - http://natureali.org
        Educating the world about Central California's unique biodiversity.