Golden Eagle in Bakersfield

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      Today, 1/3/05, we saw an adult Golden Eagle and immature Golden Eagle in
      Bakersfield. They were in the area between the soccer field and the
      California Living Museum and directly across from the water storage ponds on Alfred
      Harrell Hwy. On 12/7/04 we reported an immature Golden Eagle in this same area.
      We have uploaded a digiscoped photo of the adult Golden Eagle seen today. This
      photo can be seen in the kerncobirding photo section.
      Today, on the golf course by Lake Ming, we watched an immature
      Red-shouldered Hawk hop on the ground and repeatedly pick up large worms and eat them.
      We have seen the Red-shouldered Hawks do this in the past.
      Ken and Brenda
      Kyle