Red-naped Sapsucker at Lake Isabella Park

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      Today,1/2/05, while participating in the Kern River Valley CBC we birded
      Lake Isabella Park. We saw the following birds at this park: male Red-naped
      Sapsucker, Red-breasted Sapsucker, Cedar Waxwing, American Goldfinches,
      White-breasted Nuthatch, Nuttal's Woodpecker, California Towhee, Oak Titmouse,
      Phainopepla, and Hermit Thrush. Some of these birds were seen in the gulley on the
      north and south side of the park.
      The male Red-naped Sapsucker was seen in a tree north of the basketball
      court at 2:00 PM. The Red-breasted Sapsucker was seen this morning. Both of
      these sapsuckers were heard calling. This evening we will upload a digibin
      photo taken of the male Red-naped Sapsucker on the kerncobirding photo section.