Birding Galileo and California City

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2004
      After posting our message on kerncobirding (12/1/04), we went to
      California City Park. At 3:30 we saw one juvenile/young Black-crowned Night Heron. We
      also saw one White-breasted Nuthatch in the area south of the parking lot
      where you walk up a yellow walkway where you can look out over the water.
      Early this morning (12/2/04), we tried to relocate the Mountain Chickadee
      we saw on 12/1/04. We were not successful in relocating it. When we checked a
      second time around 11:00 we were unable to again relocate the Mountain
      Chickadee. Afterwards, we went to California City Park to see if we could relocate
      the juvenile/young Black-crowned Night Heron. Unfortunately, we were not able
      to relocate the heron. Photos were taken of both birds on 12/1/04.