Birding California City and Galileo 11/30/04 to 12/1/041

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      On 11/30/04 we saw the following birds at Galileo. We saw one juvenile Black-crowned Night Heron, one female Vermilion Flycatcher, male and female Lesser Goldfinches, one male Anna's Hummingbird, juvenile Red-shouldered Hawk, Belted Kingfisher, and a Downy Woodpecker. At California City, we saw three Marsh Wrens, American Pipits, 4 Ring-necked Ducks, American Wigeons, and Red-breasted Nuthatches.
      This morning 12/1/04 at California City we saw one Mountain Chickadee west of California City Park. This afternoon we checked the area again at 2:00 and the Mountain Chickadee was still present. Photos were taken.
      Since we are staying overnight at Galileo, we will check in the morning to see if the Mountain Chickadee is still present in California City. We are posting this message from a computer store in California City.