FW: Bakersfield & Calif City

  • John Green
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      I am forwarding this for Madeline:

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Madeline Bauer
      Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 9:02 AM
      To: John Green
      Subject: Bakersfield & Calif City

      hi John,
      Sunday I saw a Merlin at hart Park in Bakersfield. It was perched at the top
      of a tree at the southeast edge of the park.

      Monday we stopped at Central Park in "California City (just to see!). At the
      top of the hill south of the parking area I saw Red Crossbills, Red-breasted
      and White-breasted Nuthatch, "Slate-colored" Dark-eyed Junco (with 5 or so
      "Oregon", and 2 Eared Grebes. These were surprises to me, so perhaps to
      others too??

      I recall that you know who to contact for Bakersfield and perhaps Ca City as
      well??

      Thanks for your help!!

      Good Birding,
      Madeline