Ferruginous Hawks on Garces Hwy. 11/2/04 plus birding KNWR

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2004
      Today, 11/2/04, Bakersfield's Tuesday Morning Birding Group saw two
      Ferruginous Hawks next to Garces's Highway. This highway leads directly to the
      Kern National Wildlife Refuge. We then proceeded to the refuge where we were
      pleased to find a variety of birds. We saw 45 American White Pelicans. We saw the
      following ducks: Canvasbacks, Redheads, Buffleheads, Northern Shovelers, and
      Ruddy Ducks. We also saw Black-necked Stilts, a couple of White-faced Ibis,
      three White-tailed Kites, one Wilson's Snipe, Lesser Yellowlegs, and Dowitchers.
      Ken and Brenda Kyle
      Bakersfield,
      California