Birding Hart Park

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2004
      Today,10/30/04, at Hart Park we saw a male Northern
      Flicker,"Yellow-shafted Flicker" on a utility pole behind the Ranger Station. In a tree on the
      south side of the Ranger Station we saw a Red-breasted Sapsucker. We saw one
      Prairie Falcon flying just east of Hart Park. It made several circles above us,
      and we were able to get good looks of the black axillaries and the wing coverts
      on the underwing. It was flying too high to get a good look of the head.
      Across from the Shooting Range we saw one male Townsend's Warbler with
      Yellow-rumped Warblers,"Audubon's Warblers".
      Ken and Brenda Kyle
      Bakersfield,
      California