Birding Galileo 10/28/04

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2004
      Today, Thursday, 10/28/04, we saw the following birds at Galileo. We saw
      a Yellow-breasted Chat, and Lesser Goldfinches near the Pavilion in the
      Rosemary bushes. The Yellow-breasted Chat moved down by the tepee near the
      Pavilion, and it actually went inside the tepee. It is the first time we have waited
      for a bird to come out of a tepee for photographs. Slide photos were taken. On
      the grass south of the main parking lot we saw one Varied Thrush standing near
      a Hermit Thrush. A female Mountain Bluebird and a female Vermilion Flycatcher
      were on the wooden posts west of the soccer field. A male Black-throated Gray
      Warbler was near the archery range. A Fox Sparrow was near the cane stalks a
      little east of the petting zoo. A Downy Woodpecker was in the small trees next
      to the road leading down from the Pavilion.