East Kern, 10/13/01

  • macbirder@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2001
      California City and Galileo Hill Park hosted lots of birds and lots
      of birders, this Saturday, the 13th. My personal list was hilighted
      by a female AMERICAN REDSTART, first spotted by John Wilson in
      California City. In the same area were YELLOW-RUMPED, ORANGE-
      CROWNED, WILSON'S, YELLOW, BLACK-THROATED GRAY, TOWNSEND'S WARBLERS,
      and COMMON YELLOWTHROAT. On the ponds were NORTHERN PINTAIL and
      GREEN-WINGED TEAL. GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS and RED-BREASTED
      NUTHATCHES were in the pines. Galileo Hill Park hosted a similar
      list with the addition of 2 LEWIS' WOODPECKERS and a SWAINSON'S
      THRUSH. Other birders reported more sightings, but we'll await their
      reports.