Kern Valley Vulture Watch.

  • Terri Gallion
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2004
      Patience is a vulture.

      Vulture migration has already begun in Kern County and the West. For the
      11th season, we will be counting this migration and associated raptor
      movement. The Kern Valley Vulture Watch is an all volunteer project lasting
      one month, 7 days a week, 6 hours a day. We average 28,000 Turkey Vultures
      and about 250 raptors of 18 species. This it the largest recorded Turkey
      Vulture migration from a singe point north of Mexico.

      Volunteers are needed. Please consider coming out to help and learn about
      this spectacular migration. Dates are 14 Sept-14 Oct., 9AM-3PM each day.
      Location is Kelso Valley Road in Weldon (please email or call for specific
      directions to the site).

      If you have questions or would like to help, contact me with dates you
      would like to come so I can add you to the schedule. All you will need is
      hat, water, snacks/lunch, binoculars and patience. Come join us this year
      for a not to be missed migration event!

      Vultures rock!

      Terri Gallion
      Director, Kern Valley Vulture Watch
      PO Box 335
      Onyx, CA 93255
      FedEx/UPS: 8055 Easy Street, Onyx, CA 93255
      Email: sanddragon@...
      Phone: (760) 378-4173
      Web Sites: http://audubon.org/local/sanctuary/kernriver
      http://www.valleywild.org/TVcount.htm