Indian Wells Canyon

  • Bob and Susan Steele
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2001
      I birded Indian Wells Canyon this morning. It is located on the east side
      of the Sierras, the closest city being Inyokern. From what I've noticed
      this fall, the warblers do not migrate through the canyons in fall. They do
      use the canyons in the spring. Don't know why, but that is what I've
      noticed. The complete list follows, *'s indicate unexpected species:

      western scrub-jay (12)
      lesser goldfinch (2)
      rock wren (4)
      Bewick's wren (2)