328410/2/11 Red-eyed Vireo, Cerro Coso Community College, Ridgecrest

    Oct 2, 2011

      Several minutes ago I received a phone call from Noah Gaines that he
      had found a RED-EYED VIREO at Cerro Coso Community College here in
      Ridgecrest. It was in a profusely fruiting small tree between the
      gymnasium, the large gymnasium pave parking lot and main road
      (College Heights Blvd). It gorge itself on fruit then flew across the
      street into the trees in the sculpture garden area where Noah lost track of it.

      I am off to try for this bid now, hopeful of it returning to gorge
      itself on berries before retiring for the night. Lee Sutton will
      likely try for this bird tomorrow morning. If either or both of us
      find it, I'll/we'll let you know.

      Bob Barnes, Ridgecrest, Kern County, California