2390Glaucous Gull Kern NWR

  • kernkel
    Feb 2, 2009
      Sunday 1 Feb 09 a first cycle Glaucous Gull was at the Kern Refuge. It
      was near the end of the auto route, assuming a clockwise progression,
      about a hundred yards before the last bridge. I watched it for a minute
      or so in my scope as it was flipping something about in the water when
      it suddenly took flight and flew directly away from me (north-ish)until
      out of sight. I could not discern the eye color on this very large and
      all white gull. It was easy however, to see the pale pinkish and dark
      tipped bill.

      Sorry about the late post. I got home and got lost in a great football
      game - even though the wrong team won!

      Kelli Levinson