2380Final Kern Co. CBCs This Weekend

    Jan 1, 2009
      Happy New Year 2009!

      The final Kern County Christmas Bird Counts will be held this coming
      Saturday and Sunday. I am hopeful many of you will join me in
      participating on the:
      Saturday, January 3, 2009, South Fork (Kern River) Valley Christmas Bird Count
      and the...
      Sunday, January 4, 2009, Kern River Valley Christmas Bird Count

      Kick-off your New Year 2009 by participating in these counts.

      Contact Denise LaBerteaux (Eremico@...) to participate on the
      South Fork Valley CBC.

      Contact Alison Sheehey to participate on the Kern River Valley CBC.

      If the Kern River Valley is not your cup of tea, the Bear Valley
      Springs CBC in the Tehachapi area has been rescheduled for Saturday,
      January 3rd also. Contact Kerri Esten (tmbckerri@...) to
      participate on this the Bear Valley Springs CBC.

      For a complete listing of and some details on California CBCs go to:
      http://www.natureali.org/cbcs.htm

      Use the following link to access information specific to the ten Kern
      County CBCs including a locator map with count circles represented:
      http://www.natureali.org/CBCs/kerncbcs.htm

      Happy & Productive New Year 2009 Birding,

      Bob Barnes
      Kern River Valley Birding
      Ridgecrest, CA